Thursday 6 November 2008

Nappy Cakes. Gorgeous Ideas For Your Baby Shower

Nappy cakes are so cute for baby showers or as a present for a newborn baby.

If you are crafty and have time to spare, then you can always make your own.

If time is not on your side or DIY is not your style, then you can always buy a stunning nappy cake in your choice of colours and style!

Do It Yourself

I recently held a baby shower for my niece and at midnight the night before (crazy as I am) I thought I would like to try making my first nappy cake. HA! It was funny. It ended up being a mini nappy cake but it was cute and well received.

I found a great instructional video on You Tube (where else!). It is American, so the references are toward Diaper Cakes but the instructions are wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwiwZxHNPGU


Buy It!

There are some very talented people who love to make nappy cakes for you! Nat's Nappy Cakes & Giftware (http://www.natsnappycakes.com.au/) have some gorgeous designs to choose from or they can create an original for you.

"Every cake is individually designed and created to suit the person receiving the gift.
I use items that are not only useful but practical such as wraps, towels and blankets to cot sheets, bibs, toys, rattles, flannels, socks, etc , whatever your heart desires to produce a decorative & appealing gift with a difference."
Nat's Nappy Cakes & Giftware






No comments: